ANDROID – description of the Android operating system and its features
• At the time of the appearance of the first mobile phones, few could have imagined that a few years would pass and the mobile phone would literally transform into a personal mobile computer. The beginning of the mass use of mobile voice communications was a huge achievement and brought a colossal round of technological development of civilization. The purpose of the first mobile phones was to create the very possibility of making calls and sending SMS messages, which was a real breakthrough of that time.
• In parallel with the beginning of mass sales of conventional cell phones, the development and implementation of complex devices that were less well-known and belonged to the category of PDAs (pocket personal computers), for example, the HP brand, was carried out. Manufacturers of conventional mobile phones continued the active development of gadgets, which initially resulted in the implementation of polyphonic ringtones, a color screen, and a camera. For the necessary improvement of characteristics and further progress, there was a massive introduction of operating systems, on the basis of which new opportunities were opened. That is, in fact, mobile phones have gradually transformed into personal computers / PDAs, in other words, smartphones. It is the presence of a multifunctional OS that distinguishes an ordinary mobile from a smartphone.
• In the early 2000s, the Symbian OS was popular on the Russian market, on which Nokia mobile phones were sold. But, after a few years, the Android OS began to dominate, which other brands began to give preference to. Due to lagging behind market requirements, Symbian OS became not competitive and Nokia brand for a long time lost its relevance. At the moment, it is the Android OS that is the most popular open operating system. Along with the massive spread of Android OS, iPhone devices operating on their own closed iOS system began to appear on the Russian market. The massive spread of the IOS operating system occurred with the advent of the iPhone 3. In the late 2000s, smartphones running Windows OS appeared on sale, however, over time they lost their mass popularity. The listed OSs are marked as the most famous in the Russian market.
• Defining the operating system in simple words, we can say this: the operating system is a mechanism for controlling a smartphone or other complex technical device. Programs, commands, management, and other capabilities of the device are tools that the OS manages. In fact, without an OS, a smartphone cannot work and exist as such.
OS ANDROID – development history
• The history of the company begins in 2003. It was founded by a group of talented developers who began to experiment and create projects for gadgets that can access the Internet and work on an open operating system written by them. Perhaps the most famous person on their team is Andy Rubin. Once they acquired the domain android.com and became the name of their development. By 2005, a working version of Android was created and, as a result of negotiations in August 2005, Google acquired Android for $ 130 million, while the development team moved to Google. As time has shown, for Google, the transaction was an extremely profitable investment.
• It took a long time to finalize the platform, but in 2008 the first smartphone on the Android open operating system appeared, launched for sale (it was introduced by the NTS brand), which in the future received a system update available to all users. A new convenient open source system allowed anyone to write programs for it, the mass appearance of which did not take long. Thus, the Android platform has provided flexible and simple features for personalizing any smartphone for a specific user. And, despite the fact that the NTS brand has noticeably lost its prevalence at this time, in 2009 a lot of devices on the Androyd OS began to gain mass popularity. For an ordinary consumer, the advantages of Android are manifested in the following: the ability to customize the smartphone “for yourself”, choose the appearance of the menu, choose a variety of programs, the ability to support files of different formats, quickly transfer information from the device to another device, etc.
Although often phone manufacturers sin with a number of pre-installed programs that cannot be deleted from the device’s memory. However, there are exceptional cases, as with the Highscreen brand. In Heyskrin smartphones, the maximum “clean” Android is always installed, with the minimum possible pre-installed programs, which gives the owner the right to choose and install them independently.
• At the moment, the Android system is developing in step with the times, and the company periodically releases their current updates. Releasing new smartphones on the Android OS, companies are trying to use their latest versions of the system.